- 1 What is Google Analytics?
- 2 Importance of Google Analytics
- 3 By implementing google analytics on your website you get to:-
- 4 How to Setup Google Analytics Account?
- 5 Following are the steps for how to setup & Tracking the GA Account:-
- 6 How Google Analytics Shows Analytical Data and How to Use This Data For Enhancing The Performance Of Website:-
- 7 Measure
- 8 Learn
- 9 Take Action
What is Google Analytics?
Google analytics is a one of the most important tool for Search Engine Optimization. Google analytics is a tool that helps to measure performance of your marketing campaigns that you run on online. It also helps you to understand how user friendly or engaging your website interfaces or content present in the website. Google analytics is a free tool which is available for everyone who wants to use for analytical purpose.
Importance of Google Analytics
By implementing google analytics on your website you get to:-
- Track total visits to your site, unique visitors, new visitors, Understand engagement.
- Understand which medium generates more traffic to your site. Have your campaigns have performed. Like facebook campaigns, ppc campaigns, Email marketing campaigns and so on.
- Content Analysis: Which pages generated maximum engagement, which pages did visitors enter your site. It shows the which pages have user visited more times, how much time they are spending time to the website or page.
- Geography and demographics to helps you understand the type of audience reached out to. Geographic analysis shows which region generates more visits to your website or mobile app. The demographic information shows gender, age of the user.
- Device analysis helps to understand which devices generates more visitors. In short it shows which devices helps user to finding your website.
- It also shows which mobile brand your app more compatible is with. Which mobile generates more download like Samsung, soney, Microsoft, apple, and so on.
- Have your sales performed. If your E-commerce website, its helps you to understand the how many sales, transactions are performed. It also helps you to understand have you met your goal on not.
How to Setup Google Analytics Account?
Google analytics is a free tool, it does not take cost for using. One thing always remember that when you are using the google analytics and all other google tools like google ad-words, google keyword planner, google my business so you should use same email-id for all of the accounts.
Following are the steps for how to setup & Tracking the GA Account:-
Step 1: First login to google analytics
Step 2: Once you have enter the GA panel click on Admin. Once you have are directed to the set up. Click on “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT”.
Step 3: Once you have clicking on create new account then you have redirect to creating and setting up the account.
Suppose if I have multiple websites then it’s important to use different account names for different accounts or websites. Suppose I have HDFC account then all of the analytical data comes under that account.
Step 3: Implementing Tracking Code
Once you have filling in account/property detail, you will be directed to implement the code. Every other GA code has a unique ID.
The code generated by GA paste it into your website home page.
After inserting tracking code generated by GA into your website, after some time GA will start to track your website analytics mentioned above.
How Google Analytics Shows Analytical Data and How to Use This Data For Enhancing The Performance Of Website:-
It includes Three Steps:
- Take Action
Let’s talking about what will be doing with GA. It’s a analytical process and its work like this,
First you going to measure what happens with your website, figure out what happening or what not happening with your website.
When you are going to take this information and try to learn with this information. Like I will sending peoples to this page for doing this things but nothing is happening.
Based on that information you want take the some actions to sort out this things. Like if your website has increasing the bounce rate or your landing page is not working properly or users can’t visit your particular pages. By using this information you can try to solving those things or fix these problems which happen with your website and improving your website as well as your business performance.